Something went wrong. Original Song by Annie Lennox. How nice. 2018. Refresh your browser window to try again. However, thats not the end to the huge changes that the film would see. PULP FICTION | FROM DUSK TILL DAWN Soundtrack ~ Quentin Tarrentino (#295325698266), REO SPEEDWAGON The Hits ~ Best Of Greatest Hits (#304759355694). Except for books, Amazon will display a List Price if the product was purchased by customers on Amazon or offered by other retailers at or above the List Price in at least the past 90 days. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 25, 2013. - That Thing You Do! Hand-selected favorites, just for you. To add the following enhancements to your purchase, choose a different seller. The 'No Fun Mondays' covers series launched in March 2020 on Green Day's YouTube channel. Very friendly seller and quick delivery. The soundtrack features most of the music from the film and is a decent accompanying item if you're a fan of the film-I love the way it is released on Playtone which was-the fictitious record label featured in the film. Almost 5 million died around the world, some are alive yet badly damaged. Soundtrack Tom Hanks Adam Schlesinger Ellie Greenwich Format: Audio CD 305 ratings $3294 FREE Returns See all 9 formats and editions Streaming Unlimited MP3 $9.99 Listen with our Free App Audio CD $32.94 51 Used from $2.29 8 New from $25.00 1 Collectible from $14.98 Audio, Cassette $19.39 3 Used from $19.39 Drive My Car is a mesmerising and beautiful soundtrack to the universally acclaimed Drive My Car. Comparisons with the Beatles is, I suppose, inevitable, though one shouldn't forget the Monkees either, as this is pure Americana and is my most often played OST apart from Vangelis' (very different) OST to Blade Runner. This was a good-feeling light hearted comedy which is basically suitable for all ages of viewers. View cart for details. Reviewed in the United States on January 6, 2023. The Extra-Terrestrial Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 40th Anniversary Edition (Black Vinyl) RRP: 54.99. : Elementary Math through Algebra. Written and directed by Tom Hanks, based on the career of a fictional band "The Wonders". Tune in. If you didnt like the movie then Id suggest listening to nickleback or the ramones. New York, Tune in. Tune up and a 1,2,3, HIT IT!!!!! Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them. Soundtrack Sort Order Name Artist That Thing You Do! You'll find yourself wanting to buy the soundtrack -- which I did and love it. So instead of Liv Tylers Faye bonding with Tom Everett Scotts Guy at said church camp, the eventual lovers of That Thing You Dos surprise romance would meet at the diner, on that first day Guy chatted up the then fledgling band. This item can be returned in its original condition for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt. Gospel: Recovering the Power that Made Christianity Revolutionary, Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations. This rich, melodic soundtrack mixes jazz, electronics and rhymic drums that are as hypnotic as the long and winding roads it is soundtracking. For some reason, I did not see the movie 'That Thing You Do', when it was originally released. Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon, [{"displayPrice":"$15.83","priceAmount":15.83,"currencySymbol":"$","integerValue":"15","decimalSeparator":".","fractionalValue":"83","symbolPosition":"left","hasSpace":false,"showFractionalPartIfEmpty":true,"offerListingId":"0mYEZbQIx6A0bTUPepuNUkGxQsznx2tWNW%2B61ReleqA3KOWMrlMi0TUaqvtVZER8iClbWPgB99iwo07gwOLbtivxgYPjk8oXqyI7%2BL0U%2BUZwAgmxCgS88wbw2yImZMgHEusiH9G6xfVTMuoSF%2Fxa8A%2FBPiostvD4sFH1qrUJkLmiZA3emyzeKr1S3MyBZZMs","locale":"en-US","buyingOptionType":"NEW"},{"displayPrice":"$14.02","priceAmount":14.02,"currencySymbol":"$","integerValue":"14","decimalSeparator":".","fractionalValue":"02","symbolPosition":"left","hasSpace":false,"showFractionalPartIfEmpty":true,"offerListingId":"2fJ%2BPO%2B8QAuUOsO4e%2BUIsjqqdk2nC94tyIPLGkpjuAqBDUL%2FOF5D7A0qZs35HFEczqe0ESw%2B228ouFby1cJxwosFP43v3B2OGe6%2F79aOslVVKrBzhlNjrKpwKpnrVm8%2BIK%2F1R7zpDQNYuqw9%2B8RDcq%2BsF4UzxFArMff2NpwNIXCKwDc2a%2FbrhV01C9tpgQfa","locale":"en-US","buyingOptionType":"USED"}]. Fun and catchy tunes of past era. "The music of Star Wars is so essential and monumental that it seems an impossible task for any new composer to take the reins," Mo Shafeek, Mondo Creative Director of Music, shared in a statement. It's so fun to hear little things in the music that match things done by the Beatles in their recordings. Tracklist: 0:00 - 2:46 That Thing You Do! , Manufacturer 1. Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, Audio, Cassette, Soundtrack, September 24, 1996, Previous page of related Sponsored Products. But let's be honest, you should definitely do the ocean blue. Needless to say, the playing is top notch and the whole set has a brilliantly upbeat quality which makes the album a pleasure to listen to. It takes place in 1964 in Erie, P.A. To see our price, add these items to your cart. (The deadpan "historical" liner notes are priceless.) Soundtrack. they did a Wonder-ful job of capturing the era of the movie. Includes initial monthly payment and selected options. Definitely recommend! Sign up to receive our emails and get first dibs on new arrivals and advance notice on everything we do. The first song, "Lovin' You Lots and Lots" (written by Hanks himself) is a hilariously awful example of the insipid "grown-up" pop Muzak of the mid-'60s (performed by the Ray Coniff-like "Norm Wooster Singers"), but the element of parody in these tracks is suffused with affection. I'm very happy with this purchase. (The deadpan "historical" liner notes are priceless.) Another interesting tidbit of That Thing You Do trivia came towards the end of the watch party commentary, and it naturally covered the original coda to the films story about one-hit Wonders. That Thing You Do! : Shipping and taxes calculated at checkout. Artwork by JC Richard. Apple Inc. The Wonders Add scene description Download on Amazon - That Thing You Do! (CD, 1996) Soundtrack. I loved the movie and loved the music so buying the OST was a natural thing to do. The simple fix that kept this scene, and allowed Tom Hanks script to change The Wonders whirlwind tour of fame to include some stops at the Mercy Hearst Talent Show and Villapianos Italian Restaurant, was that Uncle Bob was a producer of church music. Hayley Atwell Took A Break Away From The Mission Impossible Set For A Quick Holiday And The Views Are Stunning, The CW's Gotham Knights Just Cast A Horror Legend As The Dude Who Killed Batman's Parents, After Pleading To TikTok For Months, Karen Gillan Finally Got Her Handle And Was Verified, And Her Reaction Was Priceless, Star Trek 4 Remains Stuck In Development Hell, But Apparently J.J. Abrams Is Optimistic About Its Chances, Only Murders Martin Short Swapped Seats So 7-Year-Old Could Sit With Her Dad. List prices may not necessarily reflect the product's prevailing market price. is a 1996 American comedy, and the writing/directorial debut of Academy Award winning actor Tom Hanks. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness. That was the only thing that kinda survived, and thats went all the way up to them hearing the song on the radio for the first time. We're doing our best to get things working smoothly! Written by Adam Schlesinger Sad Sad Boy Written by Adam Schlesinger Back Together Written by Adam Schlesinger Lovin' You Lots and Lots Written by Tom Hanks I Can Hear the Children Laughing Written by Tom Hanks La seora de dos costas Written by Tom Hanks Mr. Enjoyed the movie and now the soundtrack. Also versed in Large Scale Aggressors, time travel, and Guillermo del Toro. That Thing You Do! In addition to some other Wonders hits (not the least of which is "Shrimp Shack," from their first movie appearance in Weekend at Party Pier), there's also a girl-group single ("Hold My Hand, Hold My Heart" by the Chantrellines); a teen hearbreak anthem ("My World is Over" by Diane Dane); "one of the seminal jazz recordings of 1958" ("Time To Blow," by Del Paxton) and much, much more! I loved it! Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 23, 2013, Reviewed in Australia on July 24, 2022, Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon, The Norm Wooster Singers - Lovin' You Lots and Lots 1:54, The Wonders - I Need You (That Thing You Do) 2:53, The Chantrellines - Hold My Hand, Hold My Heart 3:12, The Saturn 5 - Voyage Around the Moon 3:05, Captain Geech & the Shrimp Shack Shooters - Shrimp Shack 2:22, The Wonders - That Thing You Do! Find it here Pick By Mo Shafeek Creative Director of Music The Loneliest Time (Interscope) Carly Rae Jepsen After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Thank you for signing up to CinemaBlend. Please choose a different delivery location. CD arrived safely and well worth the money. That Thing You Do! The film's success promoted the release of a soundtrack on CD and cassette, which was released under the name of the fictional record label from the film, Playtone Records (actually Epic records). Reviewed in the United States on October 26, 2021. With a memory as sharp as a tack, and a message about where his fathers character from the film is today, Colin Hanks and Tom Everett Scott told the following story about where That Thing You Dos first act went in an earlier draft: Colin Hanks: Did you guys ever read the version of the script where The Wonders/The One-ders actually got a gig playing at a church camp? Change.org Uh oh. . Reviewed in the United States on May 3, 2016. September 24, 1996 All rights reserved. Im sure you can find something you like to listen to! You can see the tracklisting below: The Norm Wooster Singers - "Lovin You Lots And Lots", The Wonders - "I Need You (That Thing You Do)", The Chantrellines - "Hold My Hand, Hold My Heart". Good music. they did a Wonder-ful job of capturing the era of the movie. Future US, Inc. Full 7th Floor, 130 West 42nd Street, That Thing You Do! You'll find yourself wanting to buy the soundtrack -- which I did and love it. Better Than Carrots or Sticks: Restorative Practices for Positive Classroom Management. , Manufacturer and is about the rise and fall of a local rock band called "The Wonders", the inner drama within the band, and the ultimate success of their titular hit song "That Thing You Do!". I was looking forward to getting it but is not part of the collection, Reviewed in the United States on October 20, 2019. So maybe come up with some better things that happened to The Wonders. (Live At the Hollywood TV Showcase), Music and Lyrics (Music from the Motion Picture), Eddie And The Cruisers (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), La Bamba (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), For the Boys (Music from the Motion Picture), My Best Friend's Wedding (Music from the Motion Picture), So I Married an Axe Murderer (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) [Deluxe Edition]. Reviewed in the United States on January 6, 2023. We are sorry. According to Colin Hanks veritable encyclopedia of film knowledge, we were originally going to see bellhop/jazz aficionado Lamarr (Obba Babatund) end the film very differently: Hanks: There had been a whole sequence too where [Lamarr] turns to camera and starts talking to the camera about what happened to The Wonders.Steve Zahn: Yeah, so he broke the fourth wall?Hanks: He did break the fourth wall. Mondo navigates the pop culture chaos of the past and present to SAVE THE FUTURE. The eventual release will include the full original soundtrack album as well as a bonus 7-inch. It would be interesting to see how The Wonders lives were originally supposed to play out, with Obba Babatunds Lamarr breaking that fourth wall barrier to inform us. The movie will be celebrating its 20th anniversary next year and it's got quite a big cult following. Stay tuned to CinemaBlend for all the latest updates in the movies realm. I love the movie. Shipping and taxes calculated at checkout. Reviewed in the United States on October 26, 2021. You will buy the CD, if you watch the film. It's so fun to hear little things in the music that match things done by the Beatles in their recordings. The ending that That Thing You Do would eventually land on was a series of photos detailing where each member of the group wound up in their futures. (Live at the Hollywood Television Showcase) 2:55. I'll bite my tongue about the weird Hallmark holiday special direction she opted to go for the artwork, and just say the title track is maybe the best song she's ever written. Vinyl. : , Run time It does have all the music in the movie. VAN HALEN Self Titled I 1 | II 2 | Diver Down | 1984 (#295303551386). The seller even included a hand written note with the CD wishing me happiness with the CD! Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them. Reviewed in the United States on May 3, 2016. The Wonders 3. Please choose a different delivery location. Sold by Fulfillment Express US and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. Thank you and may Tom Hanks bless your soul. Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 1996 Epic Records. : for several months.