Boxing pound-for-pound rankings: Bivol keeps winning and moving up; Haney earns top 10 spot, A megafight is set: Here's what's at stake when Gervonta Davis faces Ryan Garcia in April, Gervonta Davis' arrest history: Timeline of abuse and hit-and-run charges and denials, Sources: Spence, Crawford agree to bout terms. Theres nothing standing in the way from us fighting, Crawford told ESPN in April. When will Errol Spence Jr. and Terence Crawford fight? "All these stipulations and all these wrong sides of the streets, all these different promotional companies and all these different types of things, they made them up for Terence Crawford. That is due a disagreement in contract talks when it comes to events, expenses, and transparency, the latter coming from Crawford's end. "I'm excited about this opportunity," Crawford told ESPN. Terence #Crawford (36-0, 27 KOs), ESPN's No.1 pound-for-pound boxer, will showcase his skill set next Saturday against former welterweight Kell Brook (39-2, 27 KOs), but many eyes around boxing are on what he will seek next provided he can handle businessCrawford and his team are aiming big sources have told LTM Luxurytainment MediaTop Rank CEO Bob Arum told LTM on Saturday that he only has two names in mind for Crawford's bout after Brook -- WBA champion Manny Pacquiao or IBF and WBC champion Errol Spence Jr. -- and plans to make one of them happen in the first half of 2021. Spence, like the majority of the sport's elite welterweights, is aligned with PBC. -- Baby. Fight us.. The Errol Spence-Terence Crawford undisputed welterweight championship fight is in jeopardy due to lingering contract issues, sources tell ESPN, and if the fight does take place, it wont be Nov. 19. 1 pound-for-pound boxer and top welterweight, last fought in November, a 10th-round TKO victory over Shawn Porter to retain his WBO title. Crawford has the WBO welterweight world title while Spence has accumulated the other three belts -- WBC, IBF and WBA. And unfortunately, they represent a fighter in Errol Spence who didn't want the fight as bad as I did.. "There's never been any stumbling blocks. Negotiations for a fight against Crawford have froze for now. Sources: Spence-Crawford at risk; delay likely, The triumph of Michael B. Jordan and Jonathan Majors in Creed III. - YouTube 0:00 / 29:39 Terence Crawford vs Errol Spence Jr. - The Fight of the Century! With 2023 just a few months away, many thought another year would have passed without the two squaring off. We're not icing him out,\" Arum said. However, Crawford insists that that is all in the past, and he is looking forward to what the future holds. There was a holdup in negotiations, however. It could lead to an intriguing end of 2022 for the sport. The fight for which fans have clamored the past few years is close to becoming reality. Crawford recently left long-time promoter Top Rank, which evidently has made it easier to make a fight with the PBC-managed Spence. . When Crawford became a promotional free agent, the biggest road block to the megafight for all four belts was removed. "I was really looking forward to the Errol Spence fight. Joining GiveMeSport in 2021, Tom has years of experience covering boxing and MMA, and now leads the team to deliver the best coverage in these areas. 1. Spence didn't drop a single point in a unanimous decision victory. Spence is considered a big welterweight, while Crawford moved up to the division after becoming the undisputed junior welterweight champion. He also won the WBA welterweight crown. Those same fans felt like they got hit with a shot to the gut following ESPNs report that WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford will be fighting in 2022, just not against Spence. Crawford's. The Sporting News will provide more updates on Spence-Crawford when they are available. Errol Spence Jr. and Terence Crawford have agreed to all material terms for a fight for the undisputed welterweight championship, an event targeted for Nov. 19 in Las Vegas, multiple sources tell . "Gamboa was on the pound-for-pound list, a baby Tyson, and once I got that opportunity I thought, 'Dang, what the hell is going on? He believes now is the perfect time to pull the trigger. "That's the fight I feel like only makes sense because it would just be one belt left," he said. Assuming the deal is finalized, it will mark the first fight of the year for Crawford. Spence Jr. Vs Crawford is a fight everyone's clamoring for. Spence, a 32-year-old from Desoto, Texas, who is aligned with Al Haymon's PBC, returned from surgery to repair a detached retina to score a 10th-round TKO of Yordenis Ugas in April to add the WBA belt to go along with his WBC and WBA titles. Even if the Errol Spence Jr.-Terence Crawford undisputed welterweight championship fight is finalized, it won't take place on the targeted date of Nov. 19 but rather in December or even January . -- Coppinger. As far as what is next for Spence,Boxing Scenes Keith Idecis reporting that Spence will also be fighting someone else. Crawford has fought . Spence-Crawford is one of the most anticipated boxing matches in some time, and with good reason. Since Crawford (38-0, 29 KOs) will earn a percentage of the net revenue, he wants the ability to approve expenses, sources said. And Ive been waiting for this moment all my life to show everybody that doubts me who Terence Crawford is. Crawford did say he has interest in fighting Spence in 2023, if both fighters win their respective bouts. We know Spence isn't fighting Terence Crawford because the WBO has ordered Bud to defend his 147-lb . David Avanesyan is a very tough task. After failing to secure a full unification bout against Errol Spence Jr. late last year, Crawford, somewhat reluctantly, opted to defend his crown against fringe contender, David Avanesyan. Crawford turns 35 on Sept. 28, but he's the best there is at the moment. For years, a bout between welterweight champions Errol Spence Jr. and Terence Crawford has been marinating, just waiting to become official. Terence Crawford and Errol Spence Jr. are near a deal to meet in a pay-per-view showdown for the undisputed welterweight championship this October in Las Vegas, ESPN is reporting. An expert in all things combat sports, he has interviewed some of the best fighters in the world, including the likes of Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk. This way he would have a partner in the money.\"Arum cited the Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury bouts as evidence he could get a deal done with rival Haymon. Because I know me. The rematch clause would work both ways. If the rematch clause is triggered, the winner will earn the majority of the revenue for the return bout, sources said. When asked by Spence about the backend, Crawford stated there would be an 80-20 split. He wears the IBF, WBA and WBC belts. Its ok like I said I been ready since I came in this division and all Ive heard was excuses after excuses get a belt, you taken the easy road, Im on the wrong side of the street, why I want this in the contract and now fight next year whats next. According to Mike Tyson, it's disappointing that the fight between Errol Spence Jr. and Terence Crawford hasn't happened yet because it could have been really exciting. Boxing fans are getting closer to breathing a sigh of relief. This is the rare time boxing marinated a matchup to perfection. He already owned the WBC and IBF titles in the division. "Just like when I fought Gamboa, I never thought I was going to fight Gamboa. Which he didnt call me back, so I proposed it to Al. He anticipates revisiting that deal if the situation improves or there is a vaccine in 2021.Arum indicated Crawford, Pacquiao and both promotion sides were happy with the money before the fight was squashed. Crawford, 35, has been a pound-for-pound beast for years, and he looked like the 147-pound king that he is when he scored a 10th-round TKO victory over Shawn Porter to retain his WBO title last November. So, you know, that was an altercation.. Crawford, the WBO welterweight champion, told ESPN in April that his ideal fight plan would be to fight Pacquiao first and then Spence, but he would love to face them both.\"The next fight is going to be, as far as I can control things, we're not going to fool around, it's going to be Pacquiao or Spence,\" Arum told LTM.What went wrong between Canelo Alvarez, Oscar De La Hoya and DAZN?Arum said they had a deal earlier this year for Crawford to fight Pacquiao (62-7-2, 39 KOs) in Qatar, but the country's ministry of health backed out because of the COVID-19 situation. A 2009 Golden Gloves champion, Spence made his pro debut in 2012. If true, that would mean the sands of time in the hourglass have been running faster to the end than expected. The latter was on the side of Crawford, who wanted to approve expenses for a purse that was not guaranteed. All four 147-pound titles would be on the line in the welterweight summit meeting, a fight that has been in the making for years. Crawford would continue his attempts to explain why a fight between the two fell through on Instagram Live. Terence Crawford vs. Errol Spence Jr latest betting odds According to reports, Terence 'Bud' Crawford opened up as a slight favorite at -125 to beat Errol 'The Truth' Spence. The ultimate welterweight showdown appears to be on. Crawford would sue Arum and Top Rank, seeking nearly $10 million after alleging revolting racist bias that resulted in him failing to secure big money fights. He did not fight again until December 2020. Not one, but two. ESPN's Mike Coppinger reports that Errol Spence Jr and Terence Crawford are "closing in on a deal" for a blockbuster October pay . Crawford rose to No. Im always 100 per cent confident. As a promotional free agent after splitting from Top Rank, Crawford will earn a net-revenue percentage, so hes also requesting the power to approve all expenses. \"If the fighters want guarantees, I think Haymon would be reluctant to face that bill himself. In this video Errol Spence Jr Vs Terence is the focus. A free agent, Crawford would sue Bob Arum and Top Rank, seeking nearly $10 million after alleging revolting racist bias that resulted in him failing to secure big money fights. The contract for the fight hasno guaranteed purse in it. You have to cooperate to make the money.\" The hangup now, according to Coppinger: Crawford (38-0, 29 KOs) wants transparency in regards to event expenses because the terms say nothing of guaranteed money. News of Crawford (39-0, 30 KOs) possibly squaring off against Rocha next, however, was met by an incredulous look from Derek Bozy Ennis, father and trainer of highly ranked contender, Jaron Boots Ennis. MORE:Boxing Schedule 2022: Date, division, location for upcoming fights, (Crawfords) been stalling for months, I couldve fought in November, Spencewould tweetbefore Crawfords fight became official. Daniel Yanofsky is a combat sports editor at The Sporting News. TM & 2023 BoxingScene.All Rights Reserved. Boxing Matrix. Close friends not long ago, both fighters have been campaigning for a fight for years. If it cratered, he would lose a lot money. He rebounded from detached-retina surgery with a 10th-round TKO of Yordenis Ugas in April to win the WBA crown that joined his WBC and WBA titles. That was the last fight under his deal with Bob Arum and Top Rank. He's a switch-hitting boxer who can seamlessly adjust from orthodox to southpaw and deliver power shots from both stances. The issue: Crawford wants transparency related to event expenses since the contract contains no guaranteed purse, sources said. https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022/06/boxing-news-terence-crawford-errol-spence-jr-nearing-ppv-fight-deal, Dana White: Boxing is 'a broken business that is an absolute nightmare to try to fix', Alistair Overeem booked for kickboxing rubber match vs. Badr Hari at 'GLORY: Collision 4', UFC heavyweight fighter panel including Daniel Cormier, Stipe Miocic predicts UFC 285's Jon Jones vs. Ciryl Gane, Dana White shuts door on Francis Ngannou: 'He'll never be in the UFC again', Photos: UFC 285 ceremonial weigh-ins and faceoffs, Photos: BKFC 37 weigh-ins and fighter faceoffs, Photos: Valentina Shevchenko through the years, Video: Watch jacked Jake Gyllenhaal film 'Road House' scene following UFC 285 weigh-ins, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. ', READ MORE: Terence Crawfords daughter goes viral for winning race despite losing shoe at start, MORE: Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk 2: AJ makes 'raw ability' admission. That could mean that Crawford remains committed to a fight with Spence but wanted to stay busy until a deal could be reached. He most recently defeated Shawn Porter via 10th-round TKO to retain the WBO welterweight title in November 2021. The one person who might get stuck in the waiting game is the former champion, Thurman, who turns 34 in November. I decided to make a lil promotional vid to alleviate the fans impatience and hopefully help the . Al told me straight up, Im not letting anybody touch this fight. Like, All right, cool., MORE:Stop blaming Jake Paul for killing boxing's integrity, "But Im like, Why? He like, Why would you wanna put a ceiling on yourself? In that bout, Arum revealed that ESPN+ revenue accounted for 1/3 of all PPV buys -- another example of why he believes that a Spence-Crawford bout can't happen without Top Rank and its exclusive ESPN contract. Editor's note: This story was originally published in June and has been updated with newt information about the fight. This year. He's knocked out his last six opponents and this guy is dangerous. Editor's note: This story was originally published in June and has been updated with newt information about the fight. The Errol Spence Jr.-Terence Crawford undisputed welterweight championship fight is in jeopardy because of a lingering dispute regarding the contract, sources told ESPN. He's a natural 147-pounder who competed at 152 pounds in the Olympics. 1 fighter pound-for-pound, is coming off a sensational 10th-roundknockout of Shawn Porterin the fifth defense of his WBO belt in November, the biggest victory in his career. One of the biggest fights in boxing has been locked in negotiations for several months as fans await to . Since Crawford's Instagram Live story, there has been a back and forth on Twitter between the two champions. Sign up for the MMA Junkie newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. Crawford, meanwhile, won his first title fighting at 135 pounds but has filled out nicely at 147 and possesses uncanny strength for the division. The fight for which fans have clamored the past few years is close to becoming reality. Terence Crawford is adamant he will fight Errol Spence Jr in 2022 - while at the same time calling out Jermell Charlo. Get in on the latest boxing conversations in our Forum and comment on articles. Per ESPN's Mike Coppinger, the two superstar boxers have. "I never tried to down talk his talent or his skills in any way shape form or fashion. Haymon advises Spence. Crawford (39-0, 30 KOs), a promotional free agent after leaving Top Rank when his contract expired following the Porter fight, defeated Avanesyan by sixth-round KO on Dec. 10. MORE: Boxing's top 25 under 25: Ranking the best young stars in 2022. What could get really interesting is if some of those fighters decide they want to fight each other in the meantime. Boxing fans across the world have been desperate to see the pair, 32 and 34 . IBA prez: Russia, Belarus boxers should compete, Benn: WBC done me a 'disservice' with egg ruling, WBO orders Crawford title defense vs. Rocha, Serrano injured; rematch with Taylor postponed, Fury wins split decision to hand Paul first loss, Davis-Garcia bout finalized, moved to April 22, Sources: Taylor, Lopez agree to June 10 title bout. Terence Crawford called out Errol Spence Jr Terence Crawford gave a clear message he wants to finally fight his great rival Errol Spence Jr, after being tipped as the better fighter by Shawn Porter. You know, two companies willing to put $20-plus million in both of our pockets, guaranteed. Fight fans have been on the edge of their seats as the last few months provided hope that a bout was secured before the end of the year. The 39-year-old also had an idea as to how boxing's various authorities could get Crawford and Spence finally in a ring together. After recovering from a torn retina that forced him out of a fight against Manny Pacquiao, Spence squared off against Yordenis Ugas in April for the WBA (Super) welterweight title. He did not fight again until December 2020. Crawford (38-0, 29. They've both displayed mean streaks in the ring, too: Spence is coming off a TKO victory over Yordenis Ugas in April while Crawford stopped Shawn Porter in his most recent performance in November.