e-mail the information to editor@EastHigh.org. It is a part of the Youngstown City Schools schools district / board of education , which is located at Po Box 550, Youngstown, OH, 44501. I am married to T. Harris Collier III. You may to I sing and, for a couple of years, we had a four-part vocal jazz group (plus band) called "After Eight" that performed professionally (in [posted January, 2003] A baccalaureate service at 4:30 p.m. May 16 at Rising Star Baptist Church, 2943 Wardle Ave., Youngstown. Click here to read the obituary. . When the school was preparing to re-open in 2007, students voted on what to name their athletic teams, and they decided on the Panthers, to the dismay of some alumni who wanted to see the Golden Bears resurrected. A television tribute will air Thursday, January 5 at the following approximate times: 7:10 a.m. on FOX, 12:22 p.m. on WKBN, 5:08 p.m. on MyYTV and 7:27 p.m. on WYTV. After working for The New York Times Company for 14 years, my division information. Both of our kids are now grown and married. my teenagers, who attend CBHS and Grace St. Luke's Episcopal School. Been married now for almost 40 years .. A new division of my company was formed with the assistance of several specifically indicated, East High School. Search and browse yearbooks online! D.S. Got divorced, raised kid, lost my hair, got fat, etc. Samantha Blasko '15 is the newest Alumni Spotlight. could keep up with each other. Margaret Keough [last updated April, 2008] The following was his last posting with us. Other Policies are also applied to this web Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required. KIng's Club. major media research company in need of a turnaround. Here is a quick re-cap of my life. Please see our obituary policy. 60s and into the 70s. But they could not and time was passing. However, in 2017, the name was reverted to Golden Bears, and the school colors were changed from the updated light blue/silver back to navy and gold.[3]. Spanish has made a big difference in my life. you almost went to Prescott High School? 282. I'm sorry I won't make the 40th reunion but I have way too much on my plate right now. calls me "Pam II". For private schools this is the 2015-2016 school year. Anything weve needed the community has donated., Today's breaking news and more in your inbox. I'll attend one whenever I'm there! Latest Visiting Memphs Events Listing Update: April 20, 2022 Operating as usual 02/16/2022 Photos from Champion Shots Sports Photography's post 12/03/2021 2021 Youngstown East High Alumni Card Exchange | Elfster It's that time of year again! We built and installed a 12'x30' lightd sign on Beale Street. Along Later, Charlie. Let's treat everyone with respect. I'm in Memphis because my clients need me and the money is pretty good (finally). Sidney Mendelson [last updated: August, 1997] More often than not I stay in the city. I had no idea that this site existed! The following was his last posting with us. Elementary Schools . However, my children think the country is "Your site is amazing. . The East High Alumni Page has not received sufficient documentation to verify the information and therefore does not confirm the death or that the individual who died is the one of the same name who attended East High School. Wow, it was great reading about old friends but also sad that we have lost many friends to death. Privacy Policy: unless otherwise (We know about the TSSAA list of state championships, but personal Ralph Noyes [last updated November, 2009] [E-mail address updated September, 2010] I would love to hear from everyone. East High School is a public high school in Youngstown, Ohio, United States. Our paper won some Pulitizers this year for "The Thing" coverage but, lol, I had nothing to do with that cos I was in Memphis at the time. The kids were disappointed and let down, she said. They actually grew up in Iowa (that is why they are both Hawkeyes). Prior to his death, David Sullivan was a participant with our alumni page. We also manufacture the finished vinyl product that you see as an Manhattan's Upper East Side, has been home since graduate school. So Tosend flowersto the family orplant a treein memory of Michael Brian Nieves, pleasevisit our floral store. Memories: I'm thinking, but I just can't remember. Arrangements handled by Clemente Funeral Homes. Please see our obituary policy. programmer/asst. The have each given us a grandchild - Brayden and McKenzie. Scholars Teachers Show submenu . I'm in Atlanta, have an antiques and refinishing business; I've been here since '72. Since my old profile information was out-of-date, I saw a need to update it. I (try to) spend weekends upstate, where I have a rambling old Victorian When the school was preparing to re-open, students voted on what to name their athletic teams, and they decided on the Panthers, to the dismay of some alumni who wanted to see the Golden Bears resurrected. 474 Bennington Ave. East High School (Youngstown, Ohio) 44505-3508 . Starving lawyer, married, son (Ralph, 24, a senior at the University of Texas -- whose musical talent and sympathetic parents may yet spare him from law school, unlike his mom and dad). East High School Alumni Class List The names listed below are alumni who have been searched for on this site from East High Schoolin Youngstown, Ohio . Since 1994, I have concentrated on raising Michael was an avid lover of music, fashion and loved the black and Hispanic culture that shaped his persona. update: July 1, 2015 Want to submit your profile, update it, or change your e-mail address? I rejoined Towery Publishing, our second company, Occupation: Owner Actual Reality, design and production company focused on You have benefitted so many high school alumni in organizing their class reunions." happening with East High School and its alumni. and love. John (24) and Stephanie (13) going on 20!! Menu Menu . After that, I've been working and having a family. Plus access to all . SchoolDigger Rank: 792nd of 836 Ohio High Schools. Mahoning County High School Youngstown, OH: Public: 09 - 12 77 25.5:1 East High School Youngstown, OH: Public: 07 - 12 1,260 38.2:1 2 miles Choffin Career Cntr Youngstown, OH: Public: 11 - 12 56 2.4:1 3 miles Memorial High School Campbell, OH: Public: 08 - 12 We are enjoying our granson, Wyatt, 2, and our daughter's stepson, Logan, 5. new media and broadband. Woodrow Wilson High School was located at the corner of Gibson and Indianola, on Youngstown's south side. This is my 25th year of teaching elementary school. Prior to her death, Nancy Gooch was a participant with our alumni page. more like our band played it, or have a recording of the East band View alumni from East High School at Classmates.com. I am an attorney at law practicing in the areas of tax, business, and probate law and estate planning. Obituaries of East alumni and faculty are also published. Bob Jones University 1972 Last edited on 5 September 2022, at 02:51, "Search for Public Schools - East High School (390451602082)", "East High to return to Golden Bear mascot, team name", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=East_High_School_(Youngstown,_Ohio)&oldid=1108556709, This page was last edited on 5 September 2022, at 02:51. It was great to see everyone I have been in the Radiology world of Memphis healthcare since graduating from East High in 1968. Sale price: $49.99. East High School is a public high school in the city of Youngstown, Ohio, United States. We have one grandchild, Makella, age 8 [early 2003], who plays very aggressive chess and soccer, and another grandchild due to arrive in the summer of 2003. with what's Note: As an anti-spam measure, e-mail addresses in profiles are graphics and are not links which can be clicked upon nor can they be copied and pasted as text. A family of four needs to make an annual income below $31,005 for free meals or $44,122 for reduced price meals. ** If designated by asterisks, no valid new or updated profiles were received for this update cycle. [posted January, 1998] Son Fred3 living in Ann Arbor, MI, working as a physicist with his wife, MD/PhD candidate. Click still a workaholic, I find it more palatable when I'm doing it on my own behalf. [Editor's note: sometime after Charlie Willis' death the web site became unavailable.] Divorced in 1973, no children. My new kids are Bear and Sasha, BIG sweet puppydogs who understand me perfectly. While I'm Phil Oppenheimer - Deceased. The 30-year reunion was a trip! 38111-0384. 1544 E HIGH AVE Youngstown, OH 44505 Juvenile Justice Center (J Hi Alumni. welcome and information as to the sport (i.e. 1, 2007 - Photo tour of East High renovations. The East High Alumni Page web pages are designed and You can help, send us Attended East High School K-8 played trumpet in band, transferred to Treadwell High School 9th & 10th, moved to Selmer TN for employment for father @ Weastern State Mental Hospital as Head Plumber, graduated from Selmer High in 1966, entered Army Oct 1966 as musician, toured Germany & Viet Nam honorable discharged Aug 1969. photographs copyrighted by K. L. Welch is prohibited. Michael loved his children and loved anyone with whom he came in contact. I wish every one well. 2001. In 1936, Wilson became a high school in response to overcrowding at nearby South High School. We have one son, Patrick who works for Payment Services Inc. 2023 High-Schools.com, Potential Development Program School of Autism, Download this data as an Excel or CSV Spreadsheet, Public School Enrollment Rankings for Ohio, Private School Enrollment Rankings in Ohio, Private School Student/Teacher Ratio Rankings in Ohio, Private School Full Time Teacher Rankings in Ohio. East High School Alumni. I wish more people Glenn, a native of Youngstown, Ohio, was the youngest of three children . Box 11384; Memphis, TN. Phoenix). My parents and sister still live in Memphis and we always spend the holidays there. daughter, Leslie. I went to work for financial gooroo Bill Tanner, as Bill was the owner of I travel, I read, I walk, I listen to a lot of music -- classic rock and classical, sometimes I like to cook, I do my political thing, pretend I'm not old, and try to be a good lawyer and a good person. Prior to his death, John Eubank was a participant with our alumni page. Want to submit your profile, update it, or change your e-mail address? My husband is a locksmith, and I just retired as a national board certified kindergarten teacher, after 36 years in the classroom. Box 5946, Youngstown, OH 44504. East High School youngstown, ohio Register for FREE to view the profiles of 5,573 other alumni *Grad year *Required By clicking Submit, you agree to the Classmates Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Keeping They moved us to Phoenix. Sale price: $59.99. Athletic teams compete as the East Golden Bears in the Ohio High School Athletic Association as a member of the Steel Valley Conference. I will probably be in Memphis this year at some point, and just found out about the monthly dinners. playing it, please contact, August Michael was highly intelligent and could speak on any subject, including spirituality. Latest Memories A plan to transition East High from a traditional high school into an optional only STEM focused high school is underway. It is one of four secondary schools in the Youngstown City School District. I wish I had known of this site as I evaced to my brother's house in Cordova (Cordoba? confirmation or correction of that information is welcome. our web pages less cluttered, less crass, by limiting commercialization: For more alumni news headlines, see the News Briefs page, Commentary: Keeping reunions affordable - A good Elementary Schools . Lots of you have expressed your kindness, concern & friendship to me. My husband, Dennis, passed away suddenly from a pulmonary embolus. Anita sings (and had the lead in Music Man at Central). It is a part of the Youngstown City School District system. Public 9-12. update: September 2, 2022 Michael enjoyed playing football, soccer and other neighborhood games with long time friends. Back at East, I learned to play the flute starting in the fifth grade when Joe Taylor directed the band. Angie could always be. Schools may not charge more than 40 for reduced-price lunches, nor more than 30 for reduced-price breakfasts. (My French was better than Ms. Green's, I wanted no more of Latin, and the German that I wanted to continue was not available. We moved to Phoenix Arizona in 1972 and, except for one winter in Rome, New York, we've made our lives in the Valley of the Sun (Phoenix). Youngstown, OH: Mahoning County Chapter, Ohio Genealogical Society, 1995: Trigg Brothers Monument Company, 1878-1927 Ledger containing monument orders. Prior to her death, Peggy Ranson was a participant with our alumni page. Latest Obituary all at the June 1998 reunion, and welcome email addressed to Name High School Grad Year Leo Bakous Wilson High School Class of 1959 Edw Bal Austintown Fitch High School Class of 1979 James Bal Rayen High School Class of 1982 Betty Balaban Chaney High School Class of 1972 Ronald Balant Chaney High School Class of 1981 Prior to her death, Pam Pennington was a participant with our alumni page. submitting materials/information to The East High Alumni Page for the here to read the obituary. f 38111 and is given as a convenience and and to assist in identification. Show Search. I am still married to Maggi, have a daughter Susan who is attending the Mississippi College of Law in Jackson Mississippi. Show Search. Hi to everyone! Returned to Memphis, married Martha Ann Braswell, graduated 1979 State Tech. Becky McMillan [last updated April, 2009] Return to The East High We're all in this together to create a welcoming environment. New York, i.e. [e-mail address], Prior to his death, Mim Macdonald was a participant with our alumni page. 12. Ursuline High School is a private college preparatory Roman Catholic high school in Youngstown, Ohio. * Entries with the "reported deceased" designation indicate a reunion committee or other persons believed closely associated with the class have indicated they have information they believe quite reliable about the death of the individual so designated. Harding Elementary School ; We stay active in family & grandkids, genealogy, play trumpet in 3 bands active in church, active in part time business Plumbing Heating AC, member of Veteran Foreign Wars & Sons of Confederate Veterans. Youngstown, Ohio Horizon League Men's Basketball Tournament: Mar 2, 2023 . a legal secretary here in Memphis for 17 years, burned out long before Shortly after graduation from East I married Marsha Hunt an East grad,tried night school at Tiger High but with long work hours and kids coming that didn't last long, never was the . material. [posted August, 2006] was stationed with the Air Force. High School. resulting from information posted on these pages. I married a Central High graduate, Anita Dean, in 1970. East High School - Golden Bears Youngstown, OH USA Friday December 30, 2022 1978: . Latest Mustang I now work for a silicon valley start-up in Sunnyvale (San Jose) California, MontaVista Software that markets an embedded Linux development product. I remember Dan, Jerry, Hal, Drue, others, all fondly. Note: As an anti-spam measure, e-mail addresses in profiles are graphics and are not links which can be clicked upon nor can they be copied and pasted as text. friend since 7th grade and I became Pam Castlemun #2. He was employed for some years at Walmart in the packaging department. Profiles may also be sent to The East High Alumni Page; P. O. in Art Education from Mississippi College. Employees found yearbooks from Wilson and. It really went downhill from spirit by Both are graduates of the University of Iowa and are married. degree in Art from the University of Mississippi, and have an M.A.E. David L. Sullivan, Class of 1965. They put the effort into how they could have proms.. Mendelson Media,LLC as well as Mississippi outdoor,LLC. Ed Skinner (Ted) [last updated February, 2003] Video will be posted here the day of airing. I still spend a good deal of time with my grandson, Randy, and attend lots of physician appointments. publisher(s), or any other party responsible for the operation or East High School is a company based out of 474 Bennington Ave, Youngstown, Ohio, United States. We divorced in 1993, also had no children. (www.towery.com) in 1988, to edit a series of hardback photojournal The following was his last posting with us. Dennis and I wanted to relocate to Texas (lots of family in the area). We are all getting older now I married Dennis Winders in 1972 and he remains my best friend (36 years later). Youngstown is a city in the U.S. state of Ohio, and the largest city and county seat of Mahoning County.At the 2020 census, Youngstown had a city population of 60,068, making it the 11th largest city in Ohio. or tips about newsworthy items. 1544 E HIGH AVE. Youngstown, OH 44505. there. 200 E WOOD ST. Youngstown, OH 44503. Youngstown City School District. [posted October, 2005]. George Nash - Deceased. Click here to read the obituary. . Alumni Hall Annapolis, Maryland . Forums News Analysis Schools All-Star Games Awards. Deceased. Policy: it is the general policy to credit the person I did not realize that it would have such a great effect on me. We try to keep up with what's happening with East High School and its alumni. I graduated with a B.A. This Mahoning County, Ohio school article is a stub. I am an inactive certified public accountant. South High School All Alumni will continue its reunion June 15 at . Employed Army Depot Engineering Dept., Millington Naval Air Station Public Works Dept., transferred to Maxwell Air Force Base Civil Engineer Dept Montgomery, Al. Click on an alumni listing from Youngstown, OH to find more information about the person. Alumni Home Page, * Entries with the "reported deceased" designation indicate a reunion committee or other persons believed closely associated with the class or the family have indicated they have information they believe quite reliable about the death of the individual so designated. East High School Alumni. the most recent to join our page! If a visual or other impairment makes this impossible, e-mail us at editor@EastHigh.org. Home: Daily Update Page: Reunions: Name Index: Geographic Index: News: History: Faculty: Obituaries: . Went back to Europe for the first time in 45 years last winter, travelled with my son, still speak passable French! CapFam Alumni Meet: Columbus, OH: 12/3: DC High School Kick-Off Classic: Defiance, OH: 12/3: Mount Union Toy Drive Open (College Only) . director. Min. No Hate Speech or Bullying. Return to The Acceptance of such [1] Sixty-nine classes graduated from Wilson, the first in 1939, the last in 2007. Condolences sent at www.ClementeFuneralHomes.com. I've always worked at a very low level in the software, often in networking and inside the operating system, especially for real-time systems. A senior cookout 3 to 7 p.m. May 14 at Chestnut Hill Pavilion in Mill Creek MetroParks. Hello Classmates, Martha & I have 3 children & 5 grandchildren. The answers are here Response from the community was almost immediate and generous, according to Cosper. Went to my old schoolroom in France. The names listed below are alumni who have been searched for on this site from Wilson High Schoolin Youngstown, Ohio . 307. Harding Elementary School ; Very moving. Providers of such information The East High Alumni Page publishes notices of sympathy I have one son, Chris, and one grandson, Randy. (a great 8 year old Cocker Spanial, Mickey) Bob Jones University 1974 Anyone with documentation to confirm the report or with information to refute the report is strongly encouraged to contact the editor of The East High Alumni Page at editor@EastHigh.org promptly. Web: http://www.flat5.net/, Return to The East High M.A. publish profiles and other submissions at its discretion. Bonnie Guthrie ('66), 474 Bennington Ave. Youngstown, Ohio 44505. An obituary is available. I am a radiology, ultrasound & mammography technologist and have been a manager/director in those areas since 1978. She then reached out to the East High School Alumni Association and others for help. . Policies - alumnus to volunteer as an assistant webmaster. Plus access to all yearbooks, alumni search and reunions. Such reports without confirmation should be taken with a degree of skepticism. Tanner Peck Outdoor for two years prior to the sale of Tanner Peck Outdoor. It has 1,260 students in grades 7th through 12th. Note: As an anti-spam measure, e-mail addresses in profiles are graphics and are not links which can be clicked upon nor can they be copied and pasted as text. Tech in 1989 with an Associates Degree in Computer Science, and worked as a Register to let other graduates of Chaney High School find and contact you. East High School 474 Bennington Youngstown, OH 44505 Phone 330-740-4005 Fax 330-742-6464. [posted July, 2004] The East High Alumni Page has not received sufficient documentation to verify the information and therefore does not confirm the death or that the individual who died is the one of the same name who attended East High School. It has 1,288 students in grades 9th through 12th. to serve as a board of advisors to our alumni page and also seeks an Hopefully, I can update this thing again someday to say I've beat this disease. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the reunion. I teach 6 & 7 year olds. Well, that is old news. Towery Press #524-750 in Ohio High Schools. Click * The school address is 3206 Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN. Alumni Home Page, * Entries with the "reported deceased" designation indicate a reunion committee or other persons believed closely associated with the class have indicated they have information they believe quite reliable about the death of the individual so designated. Join for free to view full-size yearbooks. subsequently renamed Towery Press. Newsletter . Preview pages of the 1979 yearbook from East High School from Youngstown, Ohio online. Lived in Texas, mostly Austin, 1972-2000. View Full Report Card. Both of our kids, their families and in-laws all live in Phoenix. I found home when I found New Orleans. The following is her last posting with us. Bob Towery and I were married in Steve Castlemun ('67) in 1980 - yes, his sister Pam was my best (senior/junior high), and year of championship is needed. YCSD Homepage . Actually, Sergent Coates, Jack Lord coming to East, Coach Brooks, Mrs. Seid (best teacher I ever had), Coach Pat, those movies that they used to show in the auditorium like The Good Humor Man, East High Cefeteria oatmeal cookies and hamburger buns, study hall, all the great looking girls, good friends and lots of laughs! A new building reopened as a high school in 2007, following the closing and consolidation of Rayen High School and Woodrow Wilson High School. of Sympathy update: February 26, 2023 In 2001 I was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer & in August 2003 went on disability. Cardinal Mooney High School is a Roman Catholic school of the Diocese of Youngstown, Ohio. For information, call 330-881-4623 or 330-501-3544. . For public schools this is the 2015-2016 school year. I'd love to hear from you! In its first incarnation, East's athletic teams were known as the Golden Bears. song that was used in the late 1950s and throughout the The earliestso far is dated Latest profile addition & updates: October 1, 2022 Roundup - Alumni Edition update: July 1, 2010 Read More. The middle school closed following the 2006 winter quarter. Hope everyone is doing OK. X CLOSE. Retired Military 1995, & V.A. East High School474 BenningtonYoungstown, OH 44505Phone 330-740-4005Fax 330-742-6464, Teacher Professional Development ~ No Scholars, SAT Testing for Juniors ~ No School for 9th, 10th, 12th Grade, Sponsored by The Senior Advisory Board and Building Leadership, Deadline for Standard Sr Dues $90 (or $150 Deluxe Package), East High School Library, 474 Bennington Avenue, Youngstown, Ohio 44505, Meetings are held in the First Floor Staff Lounge ~ Room 103, End of 3rd Grading Period ~ Two Hour Early Release, National Honor Society's Community Service Saturday of Caring, Conducted by Mrs. Penny Wells, Sojourn to the Past, and Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, National Honor Society Induction Ceremony. and will - God willing - be here till I retire. Justin Jennings, school district chief executive. Double the dose, listen to a rendition of the East High Fight You'll have to mentally transfer the address to your e-mail composition page or address book to send the member a message. books about American cities. As you can tell by the mention of several states, we have moved some thorughout our married life. I can remember blowing and blowing across the headpiece for two months before I finally got it to sound. (I am still waiting Read More. Links to alumni home East High School is a public high school in Youngstown, Ohio, United States. . Michael was preceded in death by his father, Angel Nieves. Search photos, classmates, and more at Ancestry.com . We Our. The owner or provider of photographs, including video, text, and/or Want to submit your profile, update it, or change your e-mail address? YSU Department of Visual & Dramatic Arts One University Plaza . Register to let other graduates of East High School find and contact you. now? Latest Military in Austintown, on December 21, 2022. Parents . You can also use the form below to search for alumni info and East High School students. United American Bank and owned Tanner Peck Outdoor Company. He attended Catholic school, as well as East High School. Albany, Ohio Allen East High School Mustangs Lafayette, Ohio Alliance High School Aviators Alliance, Ohio Alliance Adcademy Of Toledo High School Wolves Toldeo, Ohio Alum Crest High School Dragons Columbus, Ohio Amanda-clearcreek High School Aces Amanda, Ohio Amelia High School Barons Batavia, Ohio Anderson High School Redskins Cincinnati, Ohio Youngstown East High School Alumni Tributes She was known for her sense of style and naturally, she went on to work at McKelvey's and Strouss' department stores. I live in Atlanta. East High School Youngstown, OH Alumni List Last Name: Last Name: Tony Abbattista 1963-1967 Manal Abdeldayem 1989-1993 Timia Abdullah 2014-2018 Don Abraham 1993-1997 Diane Abrams 1969-1973 Jayla Abrams 2009-2013 Deandrey Abron 1986-1990 Deandrey Abron 1987-1991 Gerald Abron 1992-1996 Philip Acitelli 1956-1960 Philip Acitelli 1956-1960